1. How to take good care of your teeth?
1. Brush your teeth twice a day (at least) with a soft bristle toothbrush. Try to schedule brushing after eating breakfast and at night after your last meal.
2. Floss once daily to clean the gaps between the teeth. Make sure all residual food and plaque is removed.
3. Consume less sugar & sweets. Sugary foods are high in carbohydrates which fuel the growth of plaque & tooth decay.
4. Rinse the mouth with water after eating a meal. This may clean out excess food in the mouth.
5. Try to snack less often. Eating frequently increases the growth of plaque in the mouth.
6. Eat a balanced diet of dairy, fruits and vegetables. A balanced diet provides your body with the building blocks it requires and ensures the health of your teeth and gums.
7. Attend the dentist twice yearly for a check-up to ensure the health of the teeth. Check-ups including X-rays are able to identify dental problems when they are still minor and can be easily treated before they become painful or irreversible.
8. Scale and cleans remove the tartar and plaque from the tooth surface including stain removal. This ensures that the gums are healthy.
9. Rinse the mouth with mouth rinses to kill excess bacteria and prevent bad breath.